Spanish Carnival Day Tuesday 27th June
This week we held a Spanish themed Carnival day at Ingrow and everyone had a fantastic time. All the children looked amazing, dressed in vibrant colours. The children in KS2 had been asked to create a mask to wear on the day and the quality & creativity was outstanding. Children tasted South American foods in the taster cafe and tried Salsa dancing. The day started with a carnival themed dance, courtesy of Cusan Theatre Productions, followed by each year group in KS2 singing a song in Spanish. Mrs Hiles would like to say a very big thank you to everyone involved!
Carnival themed assembly.
Cusan Theatre Productions started the day in true carnival style. Based on carnivals in Colombia, Tanya from Cusan Theatre brought along a life sized puppet named Clementino. The children were amazed! Here are some of their comments:
Why learn languages?
- Job Opportunities - Speaking more than one language gives you an edge over monolingual applicants. 90% of employers think foreign language skills are important.
- Other Cultures - Experiencing other cultures leads to an understanding of diverse lifestyles & customs. Speaking another language also improves the ability to communicate with people from different walks of life.
- Better English & Maths - Studying a foreign language will enhance your grammar skills & improve your analytical & interpretive capacities. This has been proven.
- Travel - To explore the real country and really get to know it, you must know the language. Your language ability will allow you to see & do things that many visitors cannot.
- Study / work abroad - Studying & working abroad can be the experience of a lifetime & immerse you fully into the cultural life of that country.
- A Richer Life - Enhance your life by studying another language & culture; expand your personal horizons.
Enjoy life - learn learn a language!
Year 3 are starting to learn their numbers in Spanish.
Year 3 have been learning a colour song to help them remember their Spanish colours. See the video below of Year 3 Beavers singing the song.
Year 3 have been learning their colours in Spanish. They can check they know all 11 colours here.
Year 4 & 5 have been learning some food vocabulary in Spanish.They can practice the food words they have been learning below.
On Monday 20th June 2016 we held our first Spanish Day at Ingrow. During the course of the day children in KS2 got the opportunity to attend workshops in basic Flamenco Dancing, experience Spanish Tapas in the cafe as well as Spanish themed activities in the classroom.
Our Spanish visitor stated "All the pupils really listened and joined in with the Flamenco Dances and Palmas very well. They all spoke with some Spanish with good accents and learnt some new words. Both the boys and the girls danced with attitude! The teachers dressed up and joined in with all the dances. Fantastico!"
Useful websites for learning & practicing Spanish at home