Welcome to Bats!
On Monday afternoon, the 5th March, we are welcoming a fire safety talk from the local firefighters. We will be learning about the fire triangle, how to keep safe and how to formulate an escape plan in the event of a fire at home. The children may want to discuss this with you when they come home.
We are starting to look at fractions this term, beginning with equivalent fractions.
The novel that we are reading is Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
This term we will be taking part in lots of debates that will help us with our discursive text based on the novel.
Changing materials is the topic this term. We will be covering; solids, liquid and gases, filtering, sieving, dissolving, burning, properties of materials and reversible and irreversible.
World Wide Learning;
Alchemy Island - looking at magical potions.
Please can all homework be handed in every Thursday, children may need some support at home in order to complete their homework. If there are any issues with completing the work then please come and speak to me as soon as possible and I will help in any way that I can. Thank you.
- Swimming - every Monday (children are allowed to bring a healthy snack for after swimming if they wish),
- Library - we visit the library every Tuesday afternoon,
- PE- every Thursday, please ensure that your child brings their PE kit with them,
- Spellings and homework - will be given out every Thursday. Homework will be due in the Thursday after and a spelling test will be conducted on a Friday,
- Reading at home - please can you listen to your child read as often as you can, it will help with their learning a great deal.