Reception Squirrels and Ducks
Here are just a few ideas to keep your little ones busy!
In the final week of this CRAZY year at Ingrow, we will be talking all about our memories from the year and moving forward to Year 1.
Here are a few stories that will help you when talking about change and moving into Year 1.
No Matter What https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9YcViZT2HE
Wherever You Go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2YAR2-TmPI
This half term we will be focusing on the topic DINOSAURS! Please find the home learning links in the box below.
Dinosaurs Week 4 - 06.07.20
|Maths - Dinosaur Sorting Activity.pdf||Download|
|Maths - Solving Sharing Word Problems.pdf||Download|
|Maths - Teddy Picnic Sharing Activity.pdf||Download|
|Reading Comprehension - Prehistoric Times.pdf||Download|
|Science - Dinosaur Diet Activity.pdf||Download|
Previous Learning - Under The Sea Topic
|Under the Sea Home Learning Week 2.doc||Download|
|Under the Sea Home Learning Week 3.doc||Download|
|Under the Sea Home Learning Week 4 (1).doc||Download|
|Under the Sea Home Learning Week 5 (1).doc||Download|
|Under the Sea Home Learning Week 6.doc||Download|
|Under the Sea Home Learning Week 7.doc||Download|
|Under the Sea Home Learning Week 8.doc||Download|
|Under The Sea Week 1.doc||Download|
Welcome to Reception Booklet
Read write inc is doing live lessons daily!
Daily lessons for children
Read write inc are excited to announce that from Monday 23rd March they are scheduling Read Write Inc. Phonics lessons on Facebook and YouTube for children to watch at home.
They will release three short Speed Sound lessons with one of their trainers every day for the next two weeks. The films will only be available at the times below:
- Set 1 Speed Sounds at 9.30 am and again at 12.30 pm
- Set 2 Speed Sounds at 10.00 am and again at 1.00 pm
- Set 3 Speed Sounds at 10.30 am and again at 1.30 pm
I would recommend all Reception children watching set 1 for a revisit and set 2/3 to learn new sounds.
Some of the sounds may seem easy for your child as they are all at a different journey with their reading but a bit of revisiting and reviewing sounds they currently know will not do any harm!
They will also release a film of a teacher reading a poem for Reception and Year 1 children to join in with at 2.00 pm every day. The poems will be available to watch again and again on YouTube.
A great opportunity for children to learn these by heart!
Parents can find these on their Facebook page (Ruth Miskin training) or their YouTube channel.
Daily Play Based Story Challenge
Most importantly just enjoy sharing a book with your little person!
Writing and Spelling
- Choose your favourite toy, can you write a sentence about it? What does it look like? What do you do with it? Can you write a short story about it?
- Write a home learning diary. What have you done today? Write down what you enjoyed the most. Do this is simple sentences.
- Draw a picture and write a sentence about it.
- Not all writing needs to be done with a pencil! Use your finger to write words in flour, sugar, mud, sand and any other gooey things!
Reception Rainbow Challenge
Please see document below.
- What day is it yesterday, today, tomorrow?
- Use timers, phones and clocks to measure short periods of time.
- Count down 10/ 20 seconds to get to the table/ into bed etc.
- Recognising numbers on the clock. If you cover a number, what number was missing?
- Can you cut your toast into 4 pieces? Can you cut it into triangles?
- Setting the table. Counting the right number of plates etc. How many more do we need?
- Helping with the cooking by measuring and counting ingredients.
- Setting the timer.
- Are you taller than a …?
- Marking height on the wall.
- Cut hand shapes out of paper. How many hands long is the couch? How long is the table? Which is longer?
- Who has the biggest hands in our family?
- How many steps from the gate to the front door?
Story Telling Yoga
Daily PE with Joe @ 9am
Daily Dough Disco with Shonette @ 9:30am
- 100 things to do indoors - please take lots of photographs, we want to see how much fun you have had!
- Indoor Scavenger Hunt - there are lots of websites that will help to support this.
Reception Year - What you’d expect to see…...and how you can help at home!